Tuesday, July 6, 2010

In The Beginning....


Late one evening last March a friend called. Janet asked me how things were going and when I told her things were fabulous her response was typical Janet, “Yes, but....” I kept telling her how well things were going and she kept digging for something that I was upset about. She finally dropped a gossip bomb that affected me directly. I lost my temper, my cool and as for feeling fabulous? I wasn’t. I tracked down the rumor and even though it wasn’t true my panties were in a twist and my precious peace was shot all to hell. Now, Janet wasn’t doing what we all do to some extent, bonding through negativity. She wanted to connect and find a way to be supportive. I had certainly done my share of that. But, for whatever reason, I had enough. I felt like I drowning in negativity and couldn’t take it anymore. I decided to take a break from negativity and started a 90 Day No Negativity Challenge that I wrote about on Vibrantnation.com.

What started out as little break from negativity turned into a journey into the wilderness of my inner space. Around Day 30 I realized that to be effective I couldn’t just eliminate negativity from my life because it seemed to be everywhere. It made more sense to try and eliminate what it was that made me respond to negativity. That’s when the real challenge and the real work began.

90 Days of eliminating negativity and writing about it was like going through psychic detox. I was engaged in a journey with my soul that was more productive than anything I have ever done before. That’s why I need this blog. I like my life a whole lot better without negativity and writing about it forces me to be accountable, kinda like AA but for negativity. So, here I am, continuing my journey on a weekly basis for my sake. I don’t have any special wisdom or knowledge to share, just this journey into the wilderness experience of being human.

3 comments:

Duffy said...

I'm so thrilled to see your blog, watermusic! Do you still plan to re-post the original 90 days of No Negativity posts? I hope so, because I really want to read them all, as well as be able to continue reading about your journey.

Debra said...

They're up today, a little rough around the edges but, there they are. Thanks for the help.

Duffy said...

I just downloaded them - awesome! Thank you, thank you. (But yes,right now the download blocks people from seeing your main post. I'm sure you'll get that fixed. By the way, I'm an official "follower" of yours - have you considered adding the 2nd gadget "Followers"? Only if you care who's following you, of course.