Take care of your self is number eight of my top ten ways to eliminate negativity. I am more apt to believe the lies of negativity when I am run down or sick. Yes, that’s right, I said, negativity is lies. Denial, complaining, critical judgments, unpleasantness, malicious thoughts and words, all negative, all lies. My life runs better without it. I’m happier and that is reason enough to keep it out of my life. And reason enough to take care of myself.
Ten Ways to Take Care of Number One
- Start and end the day with God in silence and prayer. You are not your body. You are not your life. You are not your thoughts. You are a precious child of God. Take time to remember that.
- Look good and smile often. You feel better when you look good. What’s the saying? When you got it flaunt it. You got it honey, so flaunt it.
- Eat healthy life sustaining foods. Sugar and processed foods are not your friends. Yes, that includes cookies, the tea is fine. Lose the cookies.
- Drink enough water. That crystal carafe on your bedside table is nice with flowers but water would be better way to start your morning. Just a suggestion.
- Get some exercise everyday. A walk around the block will do. Remember your misspent youth and crank up a little Grateful Dead or Little Feat. Pull the blinds, put on a swirly skirt and dance until you can’t stop smiling.
- Plan something fun to look forward to. It doesn’t have to be much, a video on Wednesday or some music on Thursday.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour. You get up at . Do the math.
- Bring beauty into your life. Your soul feasts on beauty be generous with it.
- Be grateful. Repeat after me, I am grateful that….. I am grateful for….I am grateful that I….. I am grateful to be able to……
- Slow down. You are not the Energizer Bunny. It will get done, it always does.
Women don’t always take care of themselves, my self included. That’s why I need this list as a reminder. Take care of yourself. And that means you too. Now, get off the computer and go do something good for yourself. You are the only you the world has and we need your gifts.